Service: Social Housing Registry Program - Housing & Social Services Department
|Record #: KGN2588||Last Full Update: 11 Apr 2018|
|Office Phone||613-546-2695 ext 4764|
|Primary Contact||Lori O'Sullivan, Social Housing Registry Coordinator|
|Alternate Contact||Leanne Babcock, Community Programs Caseworker; Phone: 613-546-2695 ext 4839|
|Primary Executive||Mitchell Grange, Housing Programs Administrator|
|Address & Map||
362 Montreal St
Kingston, ON K7K 3H5
View Google Map
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||Manages the centralized waiting list for rent-geared-to-income housing for the following housing providers:
* Cataraqui Cooperative Homes Inc.
* Elizabeth Fry Society (Kaye Healey Homes)
* Home Base Non-Profit Housing Inc.
* Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation
* Kingston Co-operative Homes Inc.
* Kingston Municipal Non-Profit Housing Corporation (Town Homes Kingston)
* Lois Miller Co-operative Homes Inc.
* Loughborough Housing Corporation
* Marion Community Homes
* North Frontenac Non-Profit Housing Corporation
* Porto Village Non-Profit Homes Inc.
* Royal Canadian Legion Villa Kingston
* St. Andrew Thomas Seniors (Crystal Springs)
* Weller Arms Non-Profit Homes Inc.
|Hours||Mon, Wed-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * Tue 8:30 am-5:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Frontenac County ; Kingston|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) and up
* Ability to live independently and over the age of 16 (at least one member of the household)
* Legal residential status in Canada of each member of household (citizen, or permanent resident or refugee status claimant)
* No member of the household owes former tenant arrears as a result of either rent or damage of any social housing property
* No member has been convicted under the Criminal Code for misrepresentation of income in relation to RGI assistance
* Household income must be under the established household income limit by unit size and depending on family composition
* If residential property owner, must agree to sell within 180 days after receiving RGI assistance
|Application||Applications available in person, online, by email or by phone|
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services - can be arranged|
|Bus Route Notes||Kingston Transit Trip Planner|
|Legal Status||(20) Regional Government|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal ; Provincial|
|Date Updated||11 Apr 2018|
|Service Categories||Home Rental Listings ; Housing Authorities ; Low Income/Subsidized Rental Housing|