Ontario. Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. Family Responsibility Office

Add Record Add Record | Suggest Update | Print Version (New Window)
Contact Information
Office Phone Inquiry line 416-326-1817 ; Automated line 416-326-1818
Toll Free Phone Automated line 1-800-267-7263 ; Outside 416 area 1-800-267-4330
TTY Phone 416-240-2414 ; 1-866-545-0083
Fax 416-240-2401
Website www.ontario.ca/FRO
Primary Executive Susan Erwin, Assistant Deputy Minister
Address & Map
125 Sir William Hearst Ave, 7th Fl
Toronto, ON M3M 0B5
View Google Map
Mailing Address PO Box 200 
Stn A 
Oshawa, ON L1H 0C5
Physical Access Not Applicable
Description & Services
Description (Service) Enforcement of new or revised court orders or domestic contract/agreements * action taken includes garnishment of wages, collection of income tax refunds and Employment Insurance (EI) benefits, seizure of assets including 50% of joint bank accounts, suspension of drivers licences, seizure of lottery winnings, suspension of passports and credit bureau reporting

Consenting parents may opt out of enforcement program and deal directly with one another * does not deal with child access or visitation issues * custody and access -- see separate entry Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General, Court Services Division (Toronto Region)

www.goodparentspay.com -- posts information regarding parents registered with the Family Responsibility Office who have not made their support payments and cannot be found
Hours Mon-Fri 8 am-5 pm * automated information -- Mon-Sun 24 hours
Areas Served Ontario
Eligibility Parties that have a support order or domestic contract that is filed with the Ontario Courts
Application Submit completed filing package, court orders or separation agreement * separation agreement must first be filed with a family court * no walk in service
Languages English ; French
Other Details
Legal Status (30) Provincial Government
Date Updated 01 Apr 2019
Service Categories Alimony Assistance ; Child Support Assistance/Enforcement ; Provincial/Territorial Government Information Services ~ Divorce/Custody/Support Issues

For Information on non-emergency social service programs contact 211 available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Data provided by Volunteer & Information Quinte 613-969-8862.

Every effort is made to ensure that the information in this database is accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive. Volunteer and Information Quinte and its partners cannot assume liability resulting from errors or omissions. Inclusion or omission of a program or service is not a comment on its quality. Brought to you by VOLUNTEER AND INFORMATION QUINTE and CIOC