Site: Central Experimental Farm
Service: Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
|Record #: OCR2039||Last Full Update: 23 Sep 2019|
|Office Phone||General information 613-991-3044 ; Reservations 613-991-3053 ; Media 613-410-5943|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-442-4416|
|Primary Contact||Zoe Lomer, Manager, Communications and Marketing, Ingenium; Phone: 613-298-5616; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Cedric St-Amour, Volunteer Coordinator; Phone: 613-991-6091; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Fannie Ribeyron, Director Visitor Experience; Phone: 613-230-2770 ext 2002; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Kerry-Leigh Burchill, Director General; Phone: 613-230-2770 ext 2000; Email: email@example.com|
|Address & Map|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 9724
Stn T, Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
Ottawa, ON K1G 5A3
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||Agriculture museum * animal barns: dairy, sheep, beef, horses, poultry and rare breeds * interpretation and demonstrations offered during the summer months
* Canola! Seeds of Innovation: Explore a dynamic hands-on exhibition featuring the ingenuity behind this “made in Canada” crop in the lab, on the farm, and in daily lives.
* Discovery Park (Apr-Nov): Help harvest Canada’s newest crop, renewable energy, at this interactive outdoor exhibit.
* Food Preservation: The Science You Eat: Highlights the role science plays in delaying food decay and keeping food nutritious and safe from farm to fork. Interactive museum experience exploring food preservation both at home and in larger scale operations. Scientific reasons why long-used methods of food preservation continue today and discover new innovations that will affect food choices into the future.
* Easter at the Farm (April), Ice Cream Festival (July), Honeybee Day (Aug), Thanksgiving (Oct), and Halloween.
* School programs: Programs are available weekdays (Sep-Jun) between 9 am and 3 pm. Duration is generally 90 minutes. Some programs can be shortened to suit requirements..
* Birthday Parties (for children ages 3 to 12 years old): crafts, games, meeting the animals, making and eating a treat, and posing for a group photograph
|Hours||Mon-Sun 9 am-5 pm, Mar 1-Oct 31
Wed-Sun 9 am-5 pm, Nov 1-Feb 29
* Dairy Barn closes at 4:30 pm
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of)|
|Application||To become a member, email member@IngeniumCanada.org or call 613-991-0607 or 1-877-210-5598 * to make a donation, call 613-991-6271 * to become a volunteer, contact the Coordinator, Volunteer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-991-6091|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Fees||Membership - visit website for membership fees ; General Admission Mar-Oct: Families (2 adults and 3 children): $33 * Adults: $12 * Youth (3-17): $10 * Students: $10 * Seniors (60 years and older): $10 * Children under 2: free
General Admission Nov-Feb: Families (2 adults and 3 children): $26 * Adults: $10 * Youth (3-17): $8 * Students: $8 * Seniors (60 years and older): $8 * Children under 2: free
Groups of 16 or more: please call 613-991-3053 for rates.
Note: free admission daily 4 pm-5 pm
Group rates with or without guide and School Programs: reduced rates are available, call 613-991-3053 or visit the website for more information
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or Route Timetable|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/AgMuseum?_rdr=p
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Federal - Canadian Heritage ; Fundraising ; Fees - Membership and Admission|
|Elections||The Board of Trustees is appointed.|
|Date Updated||23 Sep 2019|
|Service Categories||Halloween Events ; Museums|