|Record #: OCR3879||Last Full Update: 02 Apr 2020|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-668-4663|
|Primary Executive||Elspeth McKay, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address & Map||
150 Gloucester St
Ottawa, ON K2P 0A6
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||PO Box 53157
Ottawa, ON K1N 1C5
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||COVID-19 (25 Mar 2020) Operation Come Home has closed the centre for the next two weeks. Youth will continue to be supported via phone, text and email with housing, employment, addictions, mental health and more throughout the time the centre is closed. In-person services will be re-assessed on April 8th. As the phones will not be answered during the closure, please email email@example.com if needed.
Where To Go For Meals:
• Centre 507 (507 Bank St) is serving bagged lunches Mon-Fri 12 noon-1 pm.
• The Ottawa Mission is serving bagged lunches at 12:30 pm. You can get this at their garage (beside the cage near Besserer).
• St. Luke’s Table (760 Somerset) is serving bagged lunches Mon-Fri from 11 am-12 midnight.
• The Well (154 Somerset) is serving bagged lunches at 10:00am-1:00pm. Also providing personal hygiene products.
• Shepherds of Good Hope (233 Murray St) is serving lunch from 11:30 am-12:30 pm.
• The Ottawa Mission is serving bagged dinners at 3 pm. You can get this at their garage (beside the cage near Besserer).
Where To Stay:
• Restoring Hope is open to youth between the ages of 16-24 Fri, Sat, Sun at 10 pm. Only open to those who are eligible.
• Haven Too is open to youth between the ages of 16-24 Thu evenings at 9 pm.
• The Ottawa Mission (35 Waller St) is open to men ages 18 and older Mon-Sun. To reserve a bed you must arrive by 7 pm.
• Shepherds of Good Hope (233 Murray St) is open to anyone 18 and older Mon-Sun. To reserve a bed you must arrive by 7 pm.
• The Salvation Army (171 George St) is open to men ages 18 and older Mon-Sun. To reserve a bed you must arrive by 7 pm.
• The Salvation Army food bank is open by appointment only. Please call 613-241-1573 ext 221 Mon, Wed, Fri.
• Care Centre Ottawa is open by appointment only. Please call 613-241-1574 Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu 10 am-3 pm.
Information and resource centre for homeless youth * Weekly visits from outreach workers such as mental health nurses and sexual health nurses * Hot breakfast every morning * Up to ten items a week from the food bank * Clothing and hygiene products *
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8 am-11:30 am|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) - 25 year(s)
Youth 16-25 years old who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or Route Timetable|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/OperationComeHome
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Grants ; Fundraising ; Donations - Charitable Registration Number: 119068997 RR0001 ; Corporate sponsorships|
|Date Updated||02 Apr 2020|
|Service Categories||Food Banks ; Veterinary Services ~ Homeless Youth ; Veterinary Services ~ Youth ~ At Risk for Homelessness ; Youth Centres ~ At Risk for Homelessness ; Youth Centres ~ Homeless Youth|