Service: Wellington District Lions Club
|Record #: VIQ2217||Last Full Update: 22 Aug 2019|
|Primary Contact||Kathy Marchen, Co-Chair Marketing & Communications, Wellington District Lions Club; Phone: 613-654-2800; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Marilyn Wilson, Secretary, Wellington District Lions Club; Phone: 613-399-1164; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Don Lyons, President, Wellington District Lions Club; Phone: 613-962-9533; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||John Whyte, Immediate Past President, Wellington District Lions Club; Phone: 613-654-2800; Email: email@example.com|
|Address & Map|
|Mailing Address||c/o Wellington District Lions Club
Wellington, ON K0K 3L0
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||Community Service Club
* Medical Equipment - we have an inventory of gently used medical equipment that we provide to individuals at no cost such as wheelchairs, walkers, canes, etc at no charge. Donations of medical equipment are accepted. Call Mac or Jen at 613-393-5908.
* Dragon Boat Club - you do not need to be a Lions Member to join this club - we paddle from May to September (weather permitting) on numerous nights, some Saturday mornings. We also do a moonlight paddle and a beach party. You are welcome to come out and paddle 3 times for free to determine if you like it before you join! A Dragon Boat festival is organised in Wellington each year in August.
* Walk for Dog Guides is held annually in May, raised funds for the Lions Foundation for Canada Dog Guide program.
* E-waste/Clothing Collection - this annual event is held on the first Saturday in May at the Lehigh Arena. All money raised goes back into the community.
* Concerts in the Park - held every Tuesday evening from June to September, local groups or individuals entertain and the Lions provide free hot dogs and drinks. Free-will donations are accepted.
|Hours||Irregular, call or email for details|
|Meetings||Dinner meetings are held twice a month, the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at the old Town Hall - 246 Main Street Wellington.|
|Areas Served||Prince Edward County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up|
|Fees||Membership - $85 a year ; None|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/Wellington-District-Lions-Club-167296950130020/|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Donations ; Fees|
|Date Updated||22 Aug 2019|
|Service Categories||Service Clubs|